Wednesday, October 9, 2013

evenings unplugged

We haven't had internet since Sunday night [insert Comcast rage here]. And, man, is it annoying. Especially since we don't really have cell service in our limestone bunker of a house. (first world problems, I know)

However, something interesting has happened during the 2 evenings that C and I have had without internet thus far: we've actually been spending quality time together. Oh sure, we spend nearly every evening together in what could possibly be deemed "quality time." It's usually quality time with some sort of screen in front of each of our faces, though. That's not quite the same as what's been happening this week.

Last night, I made spaghetti for dinner, and then the two of us sat out in the garage and chatted about stuff while he measured and cut the cementboard for the fireplace surrounds (something that he's been putting off for MONTHS). I walked the dog around the front yard. We talked about all the other things we were going to do this week without internet. It was REALLY NICE.

Let's not be hasty; I in no way want to live in a house without internet on the regular. It's been an interesting experiment for this short period of time though. Reminds me how lucky I am to have a husband who I actually get along with and enjoy spending time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment