Wednesday, January 7, 2015

things not to say to someone who's TTC

Sorry in advance for the rant. Just my mood for today. And because The West Wing has the answers for everything, that's what's happening here.



Some people might be surprised that #1 on the list isn't "I'm pregnant." Believe it or not, most people who are having trouble conceiving are not bitter old women who hate every pregnant woman and her joy. (Although I certainly have those days) Sometimes though... you just want to kill people.




  1. That you (or your wife/girlfriend/special lady) are pregnant accidentally.
    Although it may be true, just let me cling to my hope that you were trying as hard as I am. I don't need any reminders of how easy it is for everyone else to get pregnant.
  2. That you hate being pregnant
    Seriously. Just think about what you say before it comes out of your mouth.
  3. "Just relax" or "Just stop trying" or some variation of the same
    Ummm... yeah. That's not really how it works. It's like trying to ignore that leaky faucet once you've heard the drip.
  4. "Maybe it's not meant to be"
    Just hurtful. Like you don't think I'd be a good parent or something.
  5. "Just think of all the good things you have in your life"
    I'm not suicidal, just frustrated. And yes, I know that life will go on even if I never have a baby. I love my life. That doesn't mean that I don't want to have children TOO.
Really, I'm not bitter. I'm really, really not. Just sometimes I need to get these things out :)

4 comments:

  1. "Maybe it's not meant to be" - WTF?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah seriously, "Maybe it's not meant to be" is wayyyy crossing the line :/ What does that even mean?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. People are idiots sometimes, but it seems especially so when it comes to anything having to do with pregnancy or babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 100% with you here and have heard almost all of these. People drive me insane sometimes! x

    ReplyDelete