Tuesday, June 24, 2014

loan progress -- 06.24.14

Undergrad: $0
Law School: $34,386.19


Still making slow and steady progress! Made a payment last Friday, and I have payments scheduled for 7/7, 7/17, and 7/18. The smallest loan in the list (2/16/10) gets paid off on August 1!! So excited for that!


Part of me wishes that the "paid in full" loans would come out of this list so it would be cleaner, but I do enjoy seeing them. Perhaps the option to filter would be best. Alas, it's almost like Fedloan doesn't give a shit about what I want. ;)

Also, I was thinking last night about my last loan progress post, and I feel like I've sold myself short a bit. While the balance of my loan decreased by $15,856.20, I actually paid quite a bit more than that after factoring in the interest ($18,351.67). So I don't feel as bad about myself anymore. Just need to keep working!!

2 comments:

  1. ugh, student loans. WORST THING EVER. when i got out of college, i vowed to put every penny towards paying that shit off and it took me a whole year of pain sweat and tears and when i finally made my last payment, i danced out of the bank like BYE SUCKERS!! SEE YA NEVER!!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think you're doing great. Don't be hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete