Monday, July 22, 2013

surgery day

Grover had his neuter surgery today. From the moment we got him, getting him neutered was never an option for me (although C was a bit more reticent). All those admonishments from Bob Barker to get my pets spayed or neutered apparently had an effect.


Last night, however, I started to get nervous about the surgery. I mean, it's SURGERY!! Bad things might happen! But I think I was mostly just feeling guilty. Guilty for exposing him to the risks of surgery for something elective, and guilty because he had no idea what was coming. This tiny creature trusts me to keep him safe, and I royally failed in that today.


Seriously. What is wrong with me? I don't even LIKE dogs! Ugh. I'm getting sappy in my old age. This stupid dog has me wrapped around his little paw though. The day we took him to get microchipped, I cried. I CRIED! WHO AM I?!?!?!?!

Really though, only someone totally heartless wouldn't feel bad for this poor puppy.



I can only imagine what I'm going to be like with human children.

No comments:

Post a Comment