Monday, April 27, 2015

feels like longer

Yesterday C and I went out to dinner to celebrate our third wedding anniversary (mmmm... The Melting Pot). I think we're both feeling a little extra reflective since this will be our last anniversary as a family of two (plus Grover), and it was a really nice dinner. Lots of talking and laughing and absolutely no drinking (sigh).
A photo posted by Marcie (@marcie_pants) on
As we were going to bed last night, I had an epiphany. I told C that I had finally figured out what people meant when they said "feels like longer" when you ask them how long they've been married. I always thought it was such a disparaging thing (C's response-- "Yeah, it's not sounding too good right now, so get to your point." :) ), but I get it now.

C and I have been married for 3 whole years now, and that's not really that long. I can't really remember what life was like before him. Oh sure, I clearly remember things from before we were together, but those memories are almost like stories... "in a previous life," as some would describe it. So yeah, when I say "three years" out loud, that doesn't seem like that long... feels like longer though.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I have always thought the same thing, that it sounded like a bad thing, but it really does feel like we've been married or been together a lot longer than we actually have. KC and I only met in 2010, we are basically babies in our relationship but it feels like a lot longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya! We are coming up on our 4th anniversary and I honestly don't remember life before we were together! Hope you enjoyed the Melting Pot- I've never been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Melting Pot! Delicious.

    My husband and I have been married 11 years (our anniversary was also in April. Yay for April weddings!) and met when we were 19 (we're 37/38 now). It's funny because while there really isn't much of my life before we met, I don't feel like it's been that long. So the opposite of you, I guess.

    ReplyDelete