Friday, April 11, 2014

gluttony and sloth

Ok, am I the only one who loves the movie Se7en?

Anyway, I'm feeling like John Doe should be coming out of the shadows any moment to get me, because I have been sinning like crazy this past week.

source
C went on a motorcycle trip this past week, and I fell back into my old ways. It didn't help that since the whole adoption thing started, I fell off the running wagon. I know that exercise is supposed to help calm stress and all that crap, but when I'm stressed I practically get catatonic. I try to quiet my brain by quieting my body, which only sometimes works. :)

HOWEVER, the Mini is coming up faster than I'm willing to admit. 13-point-1 miles. Whoa Nelly. On Wednesday after work, I got on the treadmill and ran for the first time since March 18 (embarrassed face). I opened the windows in order to get a breeze, which was a mistake. About half a mile in my asthma started kicking my ass. I have a feeling that the outdoor allergens mixed with the dog hair in the house to form some sort of anaphylactic cocktail. I gave up at a mile and sucked on my inhaler for a bit. Not going to lie, this did not give me the warm fuzzies about my ability to do this half-marathon.

Tomorrow is a new day though. I'm going to get up and go running outside. It's going to be lovely. I'm going to go almost 10 miles. Yes, this is what is going to happen.

9.57 miles. Estimated time- 2:21

source

No comments:

Post a Comment