Tuesday, August 27, 2013

day 2

So I'm starting off my 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks campaign with a bang. Last week I bought a bike to put under my desk at work, so no more excuses!! It took a little bit to figure out how to position the pedals and my chair and me so I didn't hit my knees on the desk, but by yesterday afternoon I was cruising. Fortunately, I just got a little fan to put on my desk, so I'm not TOO sweaty :)
 
 
Today my officemate and I were discussing how we sit too much in our jobs. So I downloaded an app for my brand-new-fancy-schmancy iPhone to remind me to get up and stop being such a lazy ass. It's called Healthy Break, and it's actually pretty cool! I got the free version to try initially; obviously the paid version has a lot more features. Still remains to be seen whether I'll want them enough to pay for it.
 
I've already had one reminder thus far this morning. It counts down your break (I have it set for a 3-minute break every hour) and gives you exercises to do to stretch out your slumped-over, desk-chair-posture body. Pretty neat thus far, and something easy I can do to remind myself to be healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment