Friday, October 25, 2013

my very own nigerian prince

I got the most awesome email sent to my work account today.

Dear Marcie [Last Name],
My name is Barrister Emmanuel Edem, a solicitor at law and personal attorney to your late uncle Engr. M. [Last Name], whom was an international consultant/contractor in telecommunications here in West Africa before his death in a motor accident in the year 2005 with his wife and their only daughter. I got your contact through the legal documents of your late uncle here with me and that is the reason why I have contacted you as the beneficiary/next of kin to his deposited fund of $10.9 Million dollars only which he left in a bank here in West Africa before his death.
Your immediate/urgent attention is highly needed; Contact me for more information and directive on how to get your fund. You are also advice to provide the listed information below.
Full Name:
Address:
City:
Country:
Phone number:
Occupation:
Age:
 
Best Regards,
 
Emmanuel Edem Esq.
Telephone no.:  +22893193843
Not only is it a "Nigerian prince" email, but it was sent to my work account! How fabulous. I think the funniest part of this to me is that this alleged uncle of mine has my married last name, and I wasn't even thinking about being married to my husband in 2005. GET SOME FACT CHECKERS, NIGERIAN PRINCE!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna cash in on that 10.9 million dollars dollars (purposeful typo. see above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment