Monday, January 13, 2014

01.13.14 -- progress report

Sorry for the hiatus. Given the power outage of last week, blog posting was not really an option. In fact, neither was running. Since my long run on New Year's Day, I hadn't run at all until yesterday. I wanted to do a long run, as it was Sunday, and Sundays are for long runs. However, I'm under strict instructions not to exercise hard enough to get sweat in my eyes (or rub my eyes) until Friday, so I was a bit constrained there. I bought a Sweatin'-to-the-Oldies era headband from Walmart yesterday in hopes that I could still do it, but it was a lost cause. I made it 2 miles and then had to give it up. Physically, I felt pretty good, but I didn't want to push it with my eyes.

Since my 7-mile run, my shoe pod is a lot more accurate
I have had the issue lately of some outer foot pain when I run, which makes me wonder if my shoes are ok. I think once No-Spend January is over, I'm going to head to Bluemile and have a stride test done. We'll see.

Speaking of, I think I'm doing No-Spend January wrong. I'm not sure that the point is to make a list of all the things I'm going to buy in February. Oops? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Blue Mile=So worth it. I now have two pairs of my fav shoes to rotate thanks to my hubby for xmas. You will find what works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete