Friday, January 17, 2014

01.17.14 -- loan progress

Undergrad: $0
Law School: $41,374.41


Paycheck #2 of my 3 paycheck month. Man, I love 3 paycheck months. I feel sorry for people who don't get paid every two weeks. I know I would get paid the same amount of money if I got paid once or twice a month, but those two months a year when I get 3 paychecks are like magic.

Anyway, enough rambling. This month, my auto-debit day happened to coincide with a payday, so I have 2 payments scheduled for today: my auto-debit ($579.16) and the remainder of what I have taken out of my paycheck ($202.34), which will go exclusively to my debt snowball loan.

I've been doing totally awesomely with my no-spend January, so I'm excited to see how much extra I have to put toward my last loan payment of this month. The only variable right now is how much I'm going to have to pay in taxes when I get the license plate for the minivan tomorrow. I have the money from my trade-in to help, but it's not going to be nearly enough to cover it. We'll see what the balance is!

I'm starting to get all the documents together to do our taxes. Call me a nerd, but I love doing my taxes. (Yeah, my undergrad is in accounting.) While I'd love to put our refund toward my student loans, we'll probably spend it on something for the house, which is also ok. Every once in awhile I remember that it's all just one big pot of money, and everything will get done at some point.

With that said, this student loan and I are going to tangle this year. I'm going to knock it into submission!!

This makes me smile a lot. Look at how my balance has gone down, just since the end of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment