Wednesday, February 12, 2014

my name is marcie, and i'm a babyholic

My addiction started in 2007. I always thought I wouldn't have kids, but the guy I was dating/living with at the time was one of those guys who wanted to have a football team's worth of kids. Eventually he creeped into my psyche. I started imagining myself with kids, and it seemed pretty ok. Like something I could do. It wasn't ever an imminent desire for me, though. That is, until one day when I thought I might be pregnant. Then it all went off the rails.

It started out innocently enough. I started looking at stuff like strollers, trying to make it seem real. I had some stuff "picked out," and that's when I learned how much fun shopping for that stuff is. I ended up not being pregnant (so good for SO many reasons), and the baby obsession lulled for a bit.

The real problem started one day at the library (post break-up with The Ex). I have a habit of browsing the New Nonfiction racks when I go and picking out stuff that looks interesting. I came across the book Pushed, and for real it changed my life. I devoured the book and watched The Business of Being Born.  This also started my crunchy evolution as well. When I came across a couple of mommy bloggers, I was done for. Hooked. And I haven't stopped since. I know more about things like childbirth, breastfeeding, babywearing, baby-led weaning, Montessori, and cloth diapering than anyone without children should. I've watched more reviews for strollers, carseats, and other baby gear than anyone without children should. And I'm not sorry about it.

So this is it. I'm coming out of my closet. I love all things birth, babies, and children. Can't stop, won't stop.

1 comment:

  1. You go with your baby fever!

    I've never had it but know many who have.

    ReplyDelete