Wednesday, November 27, 2013

a sigh of relief

And not just because today's the last work day before a 4-day weekend.

I've been struggling with The Year of Austerity more than I thought that I would be. I think it's because I know that at the end comes a baby, and that's kicking some nesting instincts into high gear (FSM help me when I actually start nesting). That trip to IKEA on Labor Day weekend sent me into a bit of a financial tailspin for awhile.
I buy everything with my Discover card and then pay it off at the end of every month (hel-LO free money!). The past couple of months, however, have involved paying off the credit card a paycheck later so I had the funds. Don't get me wrong, I still paid it off before the due date (so no interest), but it was an uncomfortable feeling for me to know that I had been spending beyond my means.

This past month I really tightened my belt, and today I paid off my November credit card bill on the day that it came out (despite having paid off October's only 1 paycheck ago). Hooray! I feel like I'm back to equilibrium again, which is a goooooooood feeling. Now I just need to not go crazy anymore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment