Tuesday, December 10, 2013

year of austerity fail, life goal success

I'm making really good progress on my "30" by 30 list. Shortly after making the list, I bought an iPhone. I'm also well on my way to paying off my student loans. The other two items on the list have been silently stewing in the back of my mind, though.

I've been trying to finagle the balance of my HSA to afford LASIK for awhile. Like, a LONG while. I went to my first consultation appointment like 3 or 4 years ago, but never could make the money work out. Well, I've done it now! I had a pre-op appointment this past Friday and my surgery is set for January 10th! If I don't think about how terrifying the procedure itself is, I'm really excited! :) What I'm NOT excited about is wearing my glasses for an entire week beforehand. Yuck.

So that just leaves me with one more goal. Again, it's a goal that I've had on my list for a LOOOOOONG time, but money was always the obstacle. Today I looked at my balances and decided to go for it. Rosetta Stone is 52% off today on Amazon, which is a great deal. So I guess that's what I'll be doing tonight when I get home from Kettlebell-- downloading Rosetta Stone!

Umm, so that pretty much clears out my goal list. I mean, obviously they're not all completed, but they're all underway. I'll have to come up with a new set of goals... perhaps for the new year. I'll think on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment