Thursday, March 13, 2014

the patience of job

patience of Job (noun): 
           (idiomatic) A great amount of patience.
If you've been following this blog for any amount of time at all, you know that patience is not my strong suit (as evidenced here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here... this is getting sort of embarrassing...). Well, I'm beginning to believe that the adoption process is enough to test the patience of even the most saint-like among us. I have no hope.
Chuck is only marginally more patient than I am. I'm pretty sure our social worker already hates us. Oops? In our defense, all we want is some information. Thus far, our requests for additional information on the process and the timeline have all been ignored. She did, however, give us the names of a couple of other people to contact. Hopefully they'll be more helpful :) C and I are going to call this afternoon.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment